The Grand Canyon is Pandora’s box with exciting offers to get that adrenaline pumping. Helicopter tours of the canyon are one activity that will excite the adventurer inside you and give you the thrill of a lifetime. So, experience the eagle view of this massive structure and use the guide we have curated for you for all the required details.
Which companies offer a helicopter tour of the place?
The following are the top three that offer helicopter tours of the Grand Canyon. These are:
Maverick Helicopters offers many tours, covering almost every corner of this structure. Follow the link for prices and book your tickets. The helicopter tours are listed below :
From Las Vegas
- Wind Dancer– This is one of the most exhilarating and a favorite of the customers with landing available. The Mojave Desert and Lake Mead offer stunning visuals, making this tour a treat.
- Wind Dancer sunset– You witness the beautiful canyon sunset with a few panoramic views.
- Skywalk Odyssey– This tour offers an expedited entry to the skywalk and souvenir photographs for you to cherish.
- Indian Territory– Skywalk is an optional activity you can buy as an add-on. You get to view the canyon from Eagle Point.
- Grand Canyon west bus and air– This tour includes hiking and a visual treat of the Grand Canyon with a final drop at your hotel.
- Western journey– Eagle Point, Guano Point, and Skywalk are a part of this package.
- West Rim 6 in 1– This is one of the most luxurious and high-coverage tours of Maverick helicopters.
South Rim tours
- Canyon Spirit– This is the longest tour over the South Rim. It takes you to the Kaibab National Forest and the North Rim, where you can also look over the deepest point of the Grand Canyon, the magnificent Dragon Corridor.
- Canyon Dancer– It gives you some of the most breathtaking views of the expansive Grand Canyon and the historical formations that are part of it. You have incredible views of Vishnu Schist and the Tower of Ra to gaze upon.
- Colors and Canyons– This is a combo tour of ground and helicopter. This tour will include breathtaking views over the Kaibab forest and North Rim and also allows you to traverse the beautiful areas of the Canyon on foot.
Grand Canyon Helicopters
They offer 15 tour options to choose from, many offering upgrades and luxurious add-ons to celebrate your special occasions. The top four tours offered are listed as follows:
- Grand Canyon Helicopter tour– This tour offers a complete view of the West Rim with a complimentary hotel pick-up and drop-off.
- Grand Canyon South Rim Delux bus and Helicopter tour– It takes you over the widest and most expansive parts of the south rim with a brief stop at Bright Angel Lodge so that you can explore the area.
- Grand Canyon North rim Helicopter tour– You get to experience the beauty of the Dragon Corridor, which is the deepest part of the canyon, and the beautiful Colorado River.
- Grand Canyon Imperial Helicopter tour- This tour covers the three rims of the Grand Canyon in a 50-minute ride.
Papillon Grand Canyon Helicopters
They offer a wide range of options you can choose from, depending on the location you intend on visiting. They have helicopter rides to the Grand Canyon from 4 cities:
The most famous tours of the Papillon Grand Canyon are:
- Highlights over the Grand Canyon Air tour- This tour includes the Hoover Dam, the Colorado River, and the west rim, supplemented with audio commentary. It is lauded as a bucket-list tour by the company.
- Grand Celebration tour- Apart from the beautiful views, this tour gives you the luxury of sipping sparkling wine amidst the grandeur of the Grand Canyon, making it a worthwhile tour.
- Golden Eagle tour– It incorporates a VIP skywalk experience with breathtaking aerial views of Eagle Point.
- Imperial tour with Ecostar– This tour covers the North, South, and East Rim with multilingual narration.
Are Helicopter tours of the Grand Canyon worth it?
The Grand Canyon is a marvelous structure that cannot be embraced with a simple hike. The helicopter rides offer an immersive viewing experience from a higher level, giving you a better indication of its depth and width and elevating your experience. Apart from the viewing experience, a helicopter ride also offers expert narration from the pilots about the Grand Canyon, improving your knowledge base and appreciating its beauty more. People who have visited the place and taken tours fail to describe in words the thrill they experienced.
What is the best time to take helicopter tours?
Weather plays an important part in making your trip a spoilsport or an experience of a lifetime. The Grand Canyon gets hotter in the summer months, which might make many of you uncomfortable as the sun rays are piercing. This becomes a factor only if you plan on landing on the rims. Otherwise, the temperatures don’t affect you inside the helicopter. The views compensate for the heat that you tolerate if you plan to land. You should not let the weather be a dominant factor in your choice of going for a helicopter tour of the canyon because you might miss out on something extraordinary.
Are evening helicopter rides of the Grand Canyon better than an afternoon?
No, morning helicoper trips of the grand canyon are better as the height of the Grand Canyon makes the area quite windy by the time sun sets, increasing the turbulence of the helicopter. You should prefer to book morning rides, offering crystal-clear views and improved safety.
The helicopter tours are exclusive, making them a luxury. You should not wait until the last minute to make reservations, as you might regret it later. The tours are usually completely booked in advance, so ensure that you visit the official websites of the touring companies and book your tickets.
Things to remember on a helicopter tour
While the tours are fun and frolicky, there are a few words of caution to have in mind:
- Helicopter tour companies have placed weight restrictions for passengers, so make sure you check that in advance before making plans. Those who weigh more than permitted have to purchase an extra seat.
- Make sure to carry your IDs with you.
- Some flights offer window seats with extra charges. However, there is no certainty. The pilots of helicopters seat people in a manner that does not affect the flight stability and ensures weight distribution is equal. The middle seat experience is not bad either.
- Infants under two years old can sit on parents’ laps with extra charge.
- Kids under 18 years of age are not allowed to travel alone.
Helicopter tours are a thrilling experience that one should not miss without a compelling reason. You can celebrate your special moments with your loved ones in the grandeur of the Grand Canyon and make it memorable with photographs, wine, and a limousine. So, book your tickets now!