Napa Valley is known for its world-class wineries, luxurious spas, and gourmet restaurants, but it’s also a great destination for families with kids. With plenty of outdoor activities, cultural experiences, and educational opportunities, Napa Valley has something for everyone.
One of the best ways to explore Napa Valley with kids is to rent bikes and ride along the Napa Valley Vine Trail. This scenic trail runs for 47 miles through the heart of the valley, passing by vineyards, parks, and small towns. Along the way, you can stop for a picnic, visit a museum, or simply enjoy the beautiful views.
For families who love art, the di Rosa Center for Contemporary Art is a must-visit destination. Located in the Carneros region of Napa Valley, this museum features a collection of over 2,000 works of art by Northern California artists. Kids will love the outdoor sculpture garden, which includes whimsical installations and interactive exhibits.
Table of Contents
- Family-Friendly Things to Do
- Wineries and Wine Tours
- Food and Drink
- Other Activities
Family-Friendly Things to Do
If you’re planning a family trip to Napa Valley, you’ll be pleased to know that there are plenty of things to do with kids. Whether you’re looking for outdoor activities or indoor attractions, there’s something for everyone in this beautiful region of California. Here are some of the best family-friendly things to do in Napa Valley.
Napa Valley offers plenty of opportunities for outdoor fun. Here are some of the best outdoor activities to do with kids:
- Rent bikes and explore the Napa Valley Vine Trail, a scenic bike path that winds its way through the valley.
- Visit Kennedy Park, a 350-acre park that offers hiking trails, picnic areas, and a playground.
- Go kayaking or paddleboarding on Lake Berryessa, a beautiful lake surrounded by rolling hills and vineyards.
- Take a hike through the Petrified Forest, a unique geological site that features ancient redwood trees that have turned to stone over millions of years.
- Visit Connolly Ranch, a working farm that offers tours and educational programs for kids.
If you’re looking for indoor activities to do with kids, Napa Valley has plenty of options. Here are some of the best:
- Visit the di Rosa Center for Contemporary Art, a museum that showcases contemporary art from Northern California.
- Explore the Carolyn Parr Nature Museum at Westwood Hills Park, which features hands-on exhibits about the natural habitats of the Napa Valley.
- Check out the Napa Valley Museum, which features exhibits about the history and culture of the region.
- Visit the Napa Valley Performing Arts Center at Lincoln Theater, which hosts a variety of family-friendly performances throughout the year.
- Go to the Century Napa Valley 14 Movie Theaters, which offers the latest movies in a family-friendly environment.
No matter what your family’s interests are, there’s something for everyone in Napa Valley. With its beautiful scenery, rich history, and wide variety of activities, it’s the perfect destination for a family vacation.
Wineries and Wine Tours
Napa Valley is famous for its fine wines and picturesque vineyards, making it an ideal destination for wine enthusiasts. However, it’s not just for adults. There are plenty of kid-friendly wineries and private tours available that cater to families with children.
If you’re traveling with kids, there are several wineries in Napa Valley that offer family-friendly activities, such as grape juice tastings, tours, and outdoor spaces for kids to play. Here are some of the best kid-friendly wineries in Napa Valley:
- Inglenook: This historic winery offers a 30-minute Legacy Cave Tour that takes visitors through the Old Winery and historic tunnels. Kids under 11 can join the tour for free. There are also two tasting rooms and plenty of space for kids to enjoy a snack with patio seating.
- Castello di Amorosa: This winery is a castle that offers a unique experience for both adults and children. A drawbridge, moat, and interior rooms like a Chapel, Great Hall, Grand Barrel Room, and Royal Apartment make a tour of the castle and winery a thrill for adults and children alike. The winery also offers fresh grape juice for younger visitors.
- Sterling Vineyards: This winery offers an aerial tram ride that gives visitors a stunning view of the valley. There is also a self-guided tour that includes a visit to the winery’s underground aging caves. Kids can enjoy a grape juice tasting while adults sip on award-winning wines.
If you’re looking for a more personalized experience, private tours are a great option. Private tours offer the flexibility to customize your itinerary and focus on your specific interests. Here are some private tour options in Napa Valley:
- Platypus Wine Tours: This tour company offers small-group tours that cater to families with children. The tours include visits to four wineries and a picnic lunch. The company also offers a “Little Feet” tour that is specifically designed for families with young children.
- Beau Wine Tours: This tour company offers private tours that can be customized to suit your needs. The company offers a range of vehicles, including limousines, SUVs, and buses. The tours can include visits to wineries, restaurants, and other attractions in Napa Valley.
- Napa Valley Wine Country Tours: This tour company offers private tours that can be customized to suit your interests. The company offers a range of vehicles, including limousines, SUVs, and buses. The tours can include visits to wineries, restaurants, and other attractions in Napa Valley.
In conclusion, Napa Valley offers a range of wineries and wine tours that cater to families with children. Whether you’re looking for a kid-friendly winery or a private tour, there are plenty of options available.
Food and Drink
When it comes to food and drink, Napa Valley has something to offer for everyone, including families with kids. From family-friendly restaurants to local markets, the valley has a great selection of places to eat and drink.
Napa Valley has a variety of restaurants that cater to families with kids. Gott’s Roadside is a popular spot for burgers, fries, and milkshakes. The restaurant has a relaxed atmosphere and outdoor seating, making it a great place to enjoy a meal with the family.
Another family-friendly restaurant is Oakville Grocery, which offers a selection of sandwiches, salads, and snacks. The grocery store also has a great selection of local wines, cheeses, and other treats.
For families looking for a more upscale dining experience, Yountville has several options, including Redd Wood, which offers wood-fired pizzas and other Italian-inspired dishes, and Bistro Jeanty, which serves classic French cuisine.
If you’re looking for fresh, local ingredients to cook with, Napa Valley has several markets to choose from. Oxbow Public Market in Napa is a great place to start. The market has a variety of vendors selling everything from fresh produce to artisanal cheeses and meats.
Another market worth checking out is the Calistoga Farmers Market, which takes place every Saturday from May to October. The market features local farmers and artisans selling fresh produce, baked goods, and other treats.
Overall, Napa Valley has a great selection of family-friendly restaurants and markets that offer a taste of the local cuisine. Whether you’re looking for a quick bite or a more upscale dining experience, there’s something for everyone in the valley.
When planning a family trip to Napa Valley, it’s important to choose the right accommodations that will cater to both the adults and children. Fortunately, there are plenty of options to choose from, ranging from hotels to resorts.
Napa Valley has a wide range of family-friendly hotels that offer comfortable rooms and amenities that cater to children. For example, the Westin Verasa Napa is a popular choice for families, offering a variety of activities such as bike rentals and an outdoor pool. The hotel is also located close to wineries and Napa’s Premium Outlets, making it a convenient location for families who want to explore the area.
Another great option is the Embassy Suites by Hilton Napa Valley. This hotel offers spacious suites that are perfect for families, as well as a complimentary breakfast and evening reception. Children will also love the hotel’s indoor pool and hot tub.
For families who want to indulge in a luxurious vacation, there are several resorts in Napa Valley that offer a variety of activities and amenities. One of the most popular resorts is the Carneros Resort and Spa. This resort offers a variety of family-friendly activities, such as bocce ball, croquet, and a family pool. The resort also offers a kids’ club, where children can participate in arts and crafts, games, and other fun activities.
Another great option is the Silverado Resort and Spa. This resort offers a variety of family-friendly amenities, such as a golf course, tennis courts, and multiple swimming pools. The resort also offers a kids’ program, where children can participate in activities such as scavenger hunts and pool games.
Overall, when choosing accommodations in Napa Valley, it’s important to consider the needs of both adults and children. Whether you choose a hotel or resort, there are plenty of options to choose from that will cater to the whole family.
Napa Valley is a great place to visit with kids. There are plenty of attractions that cater to children of all ages. Here are some of the top attractions in Napa Valley that you can enjoy with your kids.
One of the most popular attractions in Napa Valley is the Old Faithful Geyser. It is a natural wonder that erupts every 30 minutes. Kids will be amazed to see the geyser spew hot water and steam into the air. The geyser is surrounded by beautiful gardens, picnic areas, and a petting zoo. It is a great place to spend a day with your family.
Parks and Nature Reserves
Napa Valley is home to many parks and nature reserves that are perfect for families. American Canyon is a great place to start. It has rolling hills and beautiful scenery that kids will love. The Napa River is also a great place to visit. You can take a boat ride or go kayaking with your kids. The Napa Valley Vine Trail is perfect for families who love to bike. It is a scenic trail that runs through the heart of Napa Valley and offers stunning views of the countryside.
Napa Valley is rich in history and culture. There are many historical sites that you can visit with your kids. The di Rosa Center for Contemporary Art is a great place to start. It has a collection of contemporary art that is sure to amaze kids and adults alike. The Bale Grist Mill State Historic Park is another great place to visit. It is a working mill that dates back to the 19th century. Kids will love to see how flour is made and learn about the history of the mill.
In conclusion, Napa Valley has plenty of attractions that cater to kids. From natural wonders to historical sites, there is something for everyone. Whether you are looking for a fun day out with your family or a relaxing weekend away, Napa Valley has it all.
In addition to visiting wineries and outdoor adventures, there are plenty of other activities to keep kids entertained in Napa Valley. Here are a few options to consider:
Bocce Ball and Cornhole
Bocce ball and cornhole are two popular outdoor games that are fun for the whole family. Many wineries in Napa Valley have bocce ball courts and cornhole boards available for visitors to use. Calistoga Motor Lodge and Spa is one such winery that offers bocce ball and cornhole games for guests to enjoy. It’s a great way to relax and have some fun while taking in the beautiful scenery.
Animal encounters are another fun activity for kids in Napa Valley. Safari West is a wildlife preserve that offers guided tours through its 400-acre property. Visitors can see a variety of animals, including giraffes, zebras, and cheetahs, from the comfort of a safari vehicle. It’s a great way to learn about animals and their habitats while having a unique experience.
Sterling Vineyards also offers an animal encounter experience for kids. They have a falconry program where visitors can watch trained birds of prey in action. The program includes a demonstration and an opportunity to get up close and personal with the birds. It’s a great way to learn about these fascinating creatures and their role in the ecosystem.
Napa Valley offers a variety of activities for kids beyond just wine tasting and outdoor adventures. Bocce ball and cornhole are great outdoor games to play, while animal encounters at Safari West and Sterling Vineyards provide a unique learning experience.